Black Pomfret Curry in Assam Sauce
- Black pomfret 1 unit
- Baby brinjals (halved) 6 units
- Lady’s fingers 3 units
- Pink ginger bud (cut into halved) 1 unit
- Pink ginger bud (finely shredded) 1 unit
- Tamarind pulp 25g
- Water 400ml
- Water (warm) 100ml
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Lemongrass (smashed) 1 stalk
- Coriander (Daun kesom) 1 stalk
- Dried asam 1 piece
- Chicken stock 1 tsp
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
• Sauce Ingredients
- MCM’s Assam Sauce 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Combine MCM’S Assam Sauce with turmeric powder and stir well.
- Cut the fish into 4-5 cutlet pieces and lightly season with salt.
- Heat half pot of oil and deep-fry the fish until slightly golden.
- Heat oil in a separate pot and fry sub ingredients than add pink ginger bud halves and sauté
- Add in sauce ingredients and fry briefly.
- Mix tamarind pulp with 100ml of warm water and add the mixture into the pot with baby brinjals. Bring it to boil.
- Add fish, lady’s fingers and simmer for 5 minutes, season to taste. Sprinkle over with pink ginger bud shreds.