Assam Vegetables Pot
- Lady’s fingers (stems removed) 6 units
- Long bean (cut sections) 4 units
- Eggplants (cut into 2” long and quartered) 2 units
- Mint leaves 3-4
- Shrimp (shelled) 200g
- Chicken whole leg (cut pieces) 150g
- Fresh Squid (cut rings) 2 units
- Onion, tomato & red chili (all cut wedges) 2 each
- Chili padi (smashed) 5 units
- Lemongrass/ Serai (bruised) 1 unit
- Water 400ml
• Sauce Ingredients
- MCM’s Assam Sauce 5tbsp
- Lime juice 1 unit
- Fish sauce 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Chicken powder 1 tsp
- Heat half pot of oil in a pot; blanch the egg plant and drain.
- In a wok, boil ½ wok of water with 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp oil. Use it to blanch long bean, lady’s fingers and all ingredients B separately and drain.
- Boil all ingredients C in the pot, then add in the rest of prepared ingredients and simmer until well cooked.
- Add in sauce ingredients and boil briefly, serve directly on table.